Welcome! I am not a Dr. or a nutritionist, I am just a mom of a toddler that became a picky eater. As an infant my son ate anything and everything we fed him, it was great! After his first birthday he stopped eating the healthy stuff and we fell into a rut of bagel bites, grilled cheese, chicken tenders and toast. I decided to seek out recipes that he would eat but were still healthy for him. If you have any recipes to share please send me a message and I will get it added. If you make any of the recipes I'd love for you to leave a comment! Enjoy!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Veggie biscuits:

I made this recipe for the first time today (thanks JOEBunny). My son is napping so he has yet to try them, I tasted one and it was good! I'll update if my son eats them. I didn't have peas or carrots so I put broccoli, carrots and corn in the blender.
Update: My son was OK with the biscuit. He didn't tear into them the way he does the spinach balls but he did eat a half of one. I think the broccoli is too over powering, it takes away from the sweetness of the banana. I think sticking to milder veggie like carrots, corn and peas would work best.

I use about a 1/2 cup of reduced fat bisquick or TJ's whole wheat baking mix, 2 eggs, a banana, then stir in peas and or carrots. Should be about the texture of a chocolate chip cookie, if not add more veggies or more mix to thicken. I drop like a cookie on a cookie sheet and Bake on 400 until done. He can pick them up to eat them and they have everything he needs. Sort of a full meal biscuit. I make a lot at a time and freeze. You can also put peanut butter in them for extra protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment