This recipe I got off of allrecipes.com, I used white wheat flour instead of all purpose flour to give them a little more fiber and they still turned out great!
To Die For Blueberry Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (White wheat)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
I also found this on allrecipes.com and used white wheat flour:
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (white wheat)
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 large bananas, mashed
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 15 minutes, and large muffins for 25 to 30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
This last recipe I got out of the book "The Toddler Bistro". I used all white wheat flour instead of whole wheat and all purpose.
Raisin Bran Muffins
- 2.5 cups raisin bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (white wheat)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour (white wheat)
- 2.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups buttermilk